Having a dog pet at home is everything you need if you are a dog lover. And Huskies are a wiser choice as pets. They are a whole package of energy, love, and loyalty (What else do you need?) However, this active dog breed requires good food and regular exercise, so if you are an owner or planning to be one, make sure you meet all its needs. They can, at times, be a bit clumsy with food. Then providing nutritious and balanced food may become a task for you.
You may get the best food products for your little friend, but they might not be happy when consuming it. You may even notice the little Husky showing reactions to some eatables. It can be to the extent where you notice them rolling over the stomach with pain. It may upset your Husky as well as you. After all, you don’t want to see your dog stay hungry and upset. It may solely be because your doggie has a sensitive stomach.
Symptoms of Dog’s Sensitive Stomach
- Frequent Vomiting– The non-stop vomiting is a warning sign that you are feeding your Husky incorrectly.
- Fever-You can also feel the increase in body temperature in your athletic dog.
- Bleeding-If you see blood in the stool of your puppy, then probably the undigested food can be one of the reasons.
- Stinky Farts-The most common symptom of undigested food is dirty smelling farts.
- Loss of appetite– It is one of the classic signs of a sensitive dog. They can be irritated with the burning sensation after eating. It may make them skip their meals, which leads to loss of appetite.
- Lethargic activities– It will be evident to see your active breed reluctant. You might see your Husky lying down upset for a reasonable amount of time.
- Consistent loose stools– Diarrhea or loose stool is another sign of an unbalanced diet.
- Excess Hair loss– The sensitive stomach will lead to severe hair loss among these breeds.
When such is the case, you are responsible for choosing the right kind of food for your Husky so that they can eat, play, roam, and sleep happily without any ache.
How to Decide Which Food is Suitable for a Pup with a Sensitive Stomach?
Well, it’s easy. You just have to look for the following qualities:
- Balanced Nutrients-The husky food must be a proper mix of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to get a balanced diet that is good for the digestive system.
- Digestible Carbohydrates– Carbohydrates are great if consumed within a limit. The excess carbs can become the reason for their digestive issues. Look for food with low carbs.
- Sufficient Fats– The high-energy dog-Huskies require adequate amounts of fat but make sure to pass smoothly through its digestive system.
- Animal Protein– The protein intake fluctuates as per the sensitivity and activeness of the Husky. You may have to be very particular about this.
Hence if your Husky shows the symptoms mentioned above, then it is more likely that your dog has a sensitive stomach. Don’t worry. We understand your love and concern for your Husky dog. Now all you need to do is get the food that suits your doggie’s sensitive tummy. With a wide range of products available in the market, this can be quite a task. Well, as always, we are here to make it easier. We have done our research and confronted vets to bring the shortlisted food products that your pup can have without any second thoughts.
Best Food for Husky with Sensitive Stomach
1. Hill’s Science Dog Food
The Huskies with sensitive stomachs have specific needs, and this food product meets all of them. The Hill Science dog food is carefully formulated to supply sufficient nutrition and energy that can keep your Husky going for the day. It consists of chicken flavor and fish oil that is great for the brain, eye development and is protein-rich. The product is prepared to be gentle for the sensitive stomach and to control any allergic ration that can take place. We tag this product as the best dog food for sensitive stomachs and diarrhea.
2. Purina Pro Plan Dog Food
If you are planning to give your Husky high protein food yet digestible food, then Purina Pro Plan Dog Food is what you should opt for. It is considered to be one of the best dog food for sensitive stomach and gastric issues. If your muscular Husky dog is becoming lean, try their real salmon and lamb formula, which is this food product’s main ingredient. The product is fortified with guaranteed probiotics that will go well with your Husky’s soft stomach. It is an excellent product for the dog’s total well-being.
3. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dog Food
If your Husky is fond of chicken, then Blue Buffalo Wilderness can be its favorite meal. Not only are they great in the real chicken meal, but they also include sweet potatoes and peas, which fuels your active dog’s lifestyle. They have the nicest blend of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that boost Husky’s immune system. They are highly recommended for their healthy and balanced formulation.
4. Diamond Natural Dog Food
If you are looking for the food that will be the best for your pup who has a sensitive stomach, then Diamond Natural Dog Food is apt for your dog. It is a packet full of Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids that promote a healthy digestive system, good skin, and soft coat. The formula of high-calorie ingredients in the food is so accurate for the Husky to stay active. The Diamond Natural is free from corn, wheat, or soy, which makes it a perfect food for Huskies with sensitive stomachs.
5. Royal Canin Dog Food
If you have just adopted a Husky puppy of 5 to 10 months, this product would be the best choice. The Royal Canin Dog food is tailored for the puppies to meet the high energy needs during their short yet intense growth period. The product is prepared in a small kibble size so that the tiny jaws of the puppies can easily chew it. They have an exclusive blend of antioxidants and vitamins for the cute pups to develop a stronger immune system.
The Bottom Line
Now, as you have read so far, you know the basics that;
- Huskies may develop a sensitive stomach. Having a sensitive stomach will not allow them to consume all the food that you offer. They may create allergic reactions and pain.
- Our essential advice will be just to observe your Husky’s eating patterns so you can easily identify how it is reacting while you serve the food, during the consumption, and later during the day. In case of allergic reactions to pain, it will be visible from its behavior.
- We end with the very last tip you could start testing all the above products but don’t forget to observe how your Husky reacts with each one and try to stick with the best suitable. Each dog responds differently, so better not to compare.
All the products in this blog are the best as per our knowledge, research, and expertise. Many people ask us as to which is the best product amongst them. However, we are unable to state one. But if we have to recommend, we would suggest Hill’s Science Dog Food. We hope we were of some help to you. Get the food that your Husky likes the most and enjoy its company. We wish your husky baby a pain-free eating experience.