Is your pooch facing problems due to the infection in the urinary tract? Urinary tract infections abbreviated as UTI are common among the pets. This infection is caused due to the imbalance of pH in the urine. Urine is stored in the bladder and then excreted through the urinary tract. But when the pH of the urine is not in the normal range, it is not appropriately discharged, which causes such infections. The pH Imbalance can lead to the stone formation in the bladder as well as in the urinary tract. The general pH of the urine should be 6.3 to maintain the normal functions of the kidney, liver, urinary bladder, and urinary tract.
Best Dog Food for pH Balance
To ensure that your little friend doesn’t suffer from all these problems, it should be seen to it that the pH is maintained. There are many dog food alternatives and supplements available in the market that help prevent pH imbalance. Feeding such food to your pet helps them in maintaining a healthy bladder and urinary tract. So let’s explore the options of the dog food to lower pH levels.
1. Wysong Biotic pH Dog Food Supplement
Wysong Biotic supplement is the top-rated alternative in the dog food supplement to lower the pH of the urine. It prevents struvite and the formation of gallstones. One of the features that makes it the most trusted product among the pet owners is that it helps in generating uric acid. This acid helps in solving the stones and their formation. For getting the optimum results, it is recommended to feed one teaspoon of this supplement per 15 pounds of body weight. If the pets are in the weaning phase, it is suggested to add only a little amount of it to the food daily.
- This biotic supplement helps in dissolving the stones that are present in the tract and also prevents the formation of the new ones.
- It also helps in restoring the nutrients that are helpful for the regulation of metabolism.
- The supplement is also helpful for preventing the formation of triple phosphorus crystals.
- This food is suitable for dogs as well as cats.
- It is available in a 10 oz bottle.
2. Solid Gold Dog for Urinary Tract Health
If your dog is facing urinary tract related troubles, then this product is ideal for use. It is a holistic grain-free supplement that is made from all-natural ingredients. This dog food contains a blend of cranberry extract and blueberry extract. These ingredients provide antioxidants and Vitamin C to the dog. This content of the diet helps in promoting a healthy urine pH as well as appropriate mineral balance in the urine. Maintaining a healthy urine pH helps in preventing the formation of stones. In the initial month feed your dogs these chews at mealtime daily and then reduce the dose as mentioned on the bottle.
- This berry balance supplement is grain-free and gluten-free. It is suitable for dogs as well as cats.
- It has a soft texture and delicious flavor that has a likable taste that every pet loves.
- It helps in giving protection against inflammation in the urinary tract.
- The dog food provides the support for kidneys, urinary tract, and the bladder.
- There are no artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors added in this supplement.
3. Royal Canin Veterinary Diet
Royal Canin is one of the renowned and trusted names when it comes to the excellent quality dog food and other supplements. Many veterinarians also recommend this to the dogs suffering from the Urinary tract related problems and inflammation. So if your dog is at risk of developing such UTI, then you can start feeding this food to your pooch. The pet owners are impressed by this alternative as it shows the results in making the conditions better. It helps in dissolving the struvite urinary stones as well as prevents calcium phosphate stones.
- The ingredients of this dog food help in increasing the volume of the urine and reduce the concentration of the minerals that are responsible for stone formation.
- It helps in preventing the homogeneous crystallization of calcium oxalate.
- There are Omega-3 fatty acids in this food that helps in fighting infections and inflammation in the urinary tract.
- It helps in acidifying the urine and balancing its pH.
- As there are nutrients such as phosphorus, magnesium, and protein also present in this dog food, it helps in the smooth body functions.
4. Hills Urinary Tract Dog Food
Brand Hill’s is also one of the leading companies making premium-quality dog food. Although this alternative is a bit on the pricier side, it is entirely worth the extra bucks. This dog food has a unique formula for healthy non-struvite urinary tract. It helps in balancing the pH and treating urinary tract related problems. It has one of the best formulas and works wonders for your little pets.
- The dog food contains a rich source of antioxidants that help in controlling the cell oxidation.
- As the content of the protein and calcium is low in this food, it prevents the formation of bladder stones.
- The formula of the food helps in boosting the immune system of the dogs as well as prevents UTIs.
- The high levels of L-carnitine and taurine help in maintaining a healthy heart and circulatory system.
5. Wysong Pet Nutritional Supplement
If you are searching for the supplement to help your dog with Urological syndrome, then this is the ideal one. Wysong products are the most bought products today in the category of foods that help in lowering the pH of urine. It is a vitamin supplement that is suitable for both dogs and cats. The supplement helps in maintaining acidic urine that prevents stone formation.
- This nutritional supplement helps in restoring the nutrients and regulating the metabolism to generate uric acid.
- It is the ideal supplement for owners who are looking for vitamin supplements for their pets.
- The supplement prevents the triple phosphate and struvite crystal formation.
- It is suitable for all breeds of dogs for regulating the normal functions in the bladder and urinary tract.
These are the best dog food options that are readily available. All these products have a unique formula to regulate the normal pH and help in preventing the imbalance of it. Make sure to check all the ingredients and instructions on the products before buying it. Check the presence of allergens in the food to be sure of the purchase. Also, if you feel that there is a major urinary tract problems in your pet, then consult the veterinarian for the same. I hope this article helps you find the right dog food for your pooch to help them in maintaining a healthy bladder and urinary tract.